What is the best age to get a hair transplant?
Hair loss is a common but life-altering condition that can affect anyone regardless of age. Since hair transplants are one of the best treatments for hair loss, many people wonder when they should opt for one. Read on to learn all about the best age to undergo a hair transplant procedure to make an informed choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is 24 too early to get a hair transplant?
What is the average age of people getting a hair transplant?
- James E. Vogel, MD, Francisco Jimenez, MD, John Cole, MD, Sharon A. Keene, MD, James A. Harris, MD, Alfonso Barrera, MD, Paul T. Rose, MD, JD, Hair Restoration Surgery: The State of the Art, Aesthetic Surgery Journal, Volume 33, Issue 1, January 2013, Pages 128–151
- True RH. Is Every Patient of Hair Loss a Candidate for Hair Transplant?-Deciding Surgical Candidacy in Pattern Hair Loss. Indian J Plast Surg. 2021 Dec 20;54(4):435-440.
- Alberti FB, Hoyle V. Face Transplants: An International History. J Hist Med Allied Sci. 2021 Sep 6;76(3):319-345.
- Venkataram, A., & Mysore, V. (2018). Logic of Hair Transplantation. Journal of cutaneous and aesthetic surgery, 11(4), 169–172.
- Sattur SS, Sattur IS. Pharmacological Management of Pattern Hair Loss. Indian J Plast Surg. 2021 Dec 13;54(4):422-434.