Hair Loss Guide (2021)
Over 80% of men and over 25% of women suffer from hair loss. The majority of those affected suffer from pattern baldness. But what are the causes? And what can be done to fight hair loss?
Use this page to discover the truth behind hair loss and what effective treatment options are available.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you stop male pattern baldness?
What is the most effective remedy for hair loss?
What helps with female hair loss?
What causes male baldness?
What is the cause of hair loss in women?
- Pratt CH, King LE Jr, Messenger AG, Christiano AM, Sundberg JP. Alopecia areata. Nat Rev Dis Primers. 2017;3:17011. Published 2017 Mar 16.
- Urysiak-Czubatka I, Kmieć ML, Broniarczyk-Dyła G. Assessment of the usefulness of dihydrotestosterone in the diagnostics of patients with androgenetic alopecia. Postepy Dermatol Alergol. 2014;31(4):207‐215.
- Semsarzadeh N, Khetarpal S. Platelet-Rich Plasma and Stem Cells for Hair Growth: A Review of the Literature. Aesthet Surg J. 2020;40(4):NP177‐NP188.
- Glynis A. A Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study Evaluating the Efficacy of an Oral Supplement in Women with Self-perceived Thinning Hair. J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. 2012;5(11):28‐34.
- Katz HI. Topical minoxidil: review of efficacy and safety. Cutis. 1989;43(1):94‐98.
- Adil A, Godwin M. The effectiveness of treatments for androgenetic alopecia: A systematic review and meta-analysis. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2017;77(1):136‐141.e5.