Hair Transplant Side Effects
Hair transplantation is one of the most effective methods against androgenetic hair loss, but it does not come without risk. The main risk patients encounter is the hair surgeon being insufficiently qualified, leading to poor surgical performance and substandard results. What are possible side effects and risks? And how can these be mitigated? Learn the best strategy in this guide.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are hair transplants safe?
Is a hair transplant permanent?
Can transplanted hair fall out again?
- E. Loganathan, S. Sarvajnamurthy, D. Gorur, et. al.: Complications of Hair Restoration Surgery: A Retrospective Analysis, In: Int. J. Trichology, Nr. 6, 2014, S. 168–172.
- Avram MR, Finney R, Rogers N. Hair Transplantation Controversies. Dermatol Surg. 2017;43 Suppl 2:S158‐S162.
- Rassman WR, Bernstein RM, McClellan R, Jones R, et al.: Follicular Unit Extraction: Minimally Invasive Surgery for Hair Transplantation, In: Dermatol Surg., Nr. 28 (8), S. 720–770.
- R. Rashid, L. Bicknell, T. Morgan: Follicular unit extraction hair transplant automation: Options in overcoming challenges of the latest technology in hair restoration with the goal of avoiding the line scar, In: Dermatology Online Journal, Nr. 18, 2012.
- Venkataram, A., & Mysore, V. (2018). Logic of Hair Transplantation. Journal of cutaneous and aesthetic surgery, 11(4), 169–172.