59 Celebrities with a hair transplant
Medically reviewed by Dr. Sternberg
It can be a frightening process to pursue a hair transplant, and many people feel as though they are the only person who is suffering from hair loss and choosing surgical treatment. These individuals should know they’re not alone. We have compiled an extensive list sharing the details of celebrities who have experienced hair loss and we believe have undergone a hair transplantation.
In a Nutshell
|Elon Musk||At least 2 Transplants|
|Wayne Rooney||2 Transplants|
|Joe Biden||2 - 3 Transplants|
|Tom Brady||1 Transplant|
Frequently Asked Questions
Do celebrities get hair transplants?
Yes, many celebrities have successfully treated their hair loss with a hair transplant. We have complied a list of many celebrities who had a hair transplant, like Elon Musk, Joe Biden or Tom Brady. However, there are even more celebrities and every more and more celebrities undergo a hair transplantation.
Where do celebrities get hair transplants?
Most of the celebrities do not go abroad and have their hair transplant in their home country, e.g. UK and US. Most of the clinics are not disclosed as the celebrities want to hide their hair transplant.
How long does hair transplant last for?
The hair grafts which are transplanted are hair loss resistent. This means that these hairs roots grow for ever.
Will hair transplants get better?
The hair transplant methods have evolved greatly over the past 20 years. In the meantime, the methods have become very advanced and safe.
- R. Rashid, L. Bicknell, T. Morgan: Follicular unit extraction hair transplant automation: Options in overcoming challenges of the latest technology in hair restoration with the goal of avoiding the line scar, In: Dermatology Online Journal, Nr. 18, 2012.
- ISHRS Practice Census Statistics. Published 2020
- E. Loganathan, S. Sarvajnamurthy, D. Gorur, et. al.: Complications of Hair Restoration Surgery: A Retrospective Analysis, In: Int. J. Trichology, Nr. 6, 2014, S. 168–172.
- Gupta, M.; Mysore, V.: Classifications of Patterned Hair Loss: A Review , In: Journal of cutaneous and aesthetic surgery, Nr. 9 (1), 2016, S. 3-12.
- Rassman WR, Bernstein RM, McClellan R, Jones R, et al.: Follicular Unit Extraction: Minimally Invasive Surgery for Hair Transplantation, In: Dermatol Surg., Nr. 28 (8), S. 720–770