Good candidate for a hair transplant
For a successful hair transplantation, the patient should meet certain requirements. What are these requirements? And what are the arguments against having a hair transplantation? The following eight prerequisites are considered the success factors for a successful hair transplantation. If the conditions are only partially fulfilled, or not fulfilled at all, the hair transplantation can have undesirable results and appear very unnatural. If these requirements cannot be met, the hair loss should be treated with other therapies, if possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is a good candidate for a hair transplant?
Can you get a hair transplant in your 20s?
Can hair transplant be done on thinning hair?
- E. Loganathan, S. Sarvajnamurthy, D. Gorur, et. al.: Complications of Hair Restoration Surgery: A Retrospective Analysis, In: Int. J. Trichology, Nr. 6, 2014, S. 168–172.
- James E. Vogel, MD, Francisco Jimenez, MD, John Cole, MD, Sharon A. Keene, MD, James A. Harris, MD, Alfonso Barrera, MD, Paul T. Rose, MD, JD, Hair Restoration Surgery: The State of the Art, Aesthetic Surgery Journal, Volume 33, Issue 1, January 2013, Pages 128–151,
- R. Rashid, L. Bicknell, T. Morgan: Follicular unit extraction hair transplant automation: Options in overcoming challenges of the latest technology in hair restoration with the goal of avoiding the line scar, In: Dermatology Online Journal, Nr. 18, 2012.
- Guarrera, M.; Cardo, P.; Arrigo, P.; Rebora, A.: Reliability of hamilton-norwood classification, In: Int J Trichology, Nr. 1, 2009, S. 120ff.
- Venkataram, A., & Mysore, V. (2018). Logic of Hair Transplantation. Journal of cutaneous and aesthetic surgery, 11(4), 169–172.