Body Hair Transplant
Individuals with extensive balding wish to fully conceal their hair loss, but they lack a sufficient donor area supply to do so in some cases. Surgeons have developed ways to use body hair to provide more hair grafts for transplantation.
This new method opens up hair transplantation to more candidates who would have been unable to improve their hair loss. Read more about body hair transplants and how they differ from normal methods below!
Frequently Asked Questions
Does body hair extraction leave scars?
Is a body hair transplant successful?
Is chest hair good for a hair transplant?
When can body hair be used?
- Saxena, K., & Savant, S. S. (2017). Body to Scalp: Evolving Trends in Body Hair Transplantation. Indian dermatology online journal, 8(3), 167–175.
- Umar S. (2016). Body Hair Transplant by Follicular Unit Extraction: My Experience With 122 Patients. Aesthetic surgery journal, 36(10), 1101–1110.
- Avram MR, Finney R, Rogers N. Hair Transplantation Controversies. Dermatol Surg. 2017;43 Suppl 2:S158‐S162.
- Rogers, Nicole E.; Avram, Marc R.: Medical treatments for male and female pattern hair loss , In: Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, Nr. 59 (4), 2008, S. 547–566.
- R. Rashid, L. Bicknell, T. Morgan: Follicular unit extraction hair transplant automation: Options in overcoming challenges of the latest technology in hair restoration with the goal of avoiding the line scar, In: Dermatology Online Journal, Nr. 18, 2012.