Is a hair transplant painful?
A hair transplant is generally considered to be painless, especially when compared to other surgical procedures. However, it is still an operative procedure that may cause discomfort among patients. This article discusses the level of pain you can expect during and after your hair transplant surgery and how to avoid any pain.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does the pain last after a hair transplant?
Are you awake during a hair transplant?
- E. Loganathan, S. Sarvajnamurthy, D. Gorur, et. al.: Complications of Hair Restoration Surgery: A Retrospective Analysis, In: Int. J. Trichology, Nr. 6, 2014, S. 168–172.
- Garg AK, Garg S. Complications of Hair Transplant Procedures-Causes and Management. Indian J Plast Surg. 2021 Dec 31;54(4):477-482.
- Park JH, You SH, Kim NR, Ho YH. Long hair follicular unit excision: personal experience. Int J Dermatol. 2021 Oct;60(10):1288-1295.
- Khanna M. Hair Transplant with Strip Harvest: Indications, Contraindications, and Technique. Indian J Plast Surg. 2021 Dec 31;54(4):451-455.
- Yoo H, Moh J, Park JU. Treatment of Postsurgical Scalp Scar Deformity Using Follicular Unit Hair Transplantation. Biomed Res Int. 2019 May 13;2019:3423657.