Is a hair transplant permanent?
How long does a hair transplant last? This is one of the most common questions asked by individuals curious about hair transplantation. The short answer is yes, but if you would like to know how lasting results are achieved continue to read on.
We will explain the science behind hair loss and donor areas, as well as why some patients receive additional surgery despite the permanence of the surgery.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will a hair transplant last forever?
What is the success rate of a hair transplant?
Is a hair transplant reversible?
- Guarrera, M.; Cardo, P.; Arrigo, P.; Rebora, A.: Reliability of hamilton-norwood classification, In: Int J Trichology, Nr. 1, 2009, S. 120ff.
- Urysiak-Czubatka I, Kmieć ML, Broniarczyk-Dyła G. Assessment of the usefulness of dihydrotestosterone in the diagnostics of patients with androgenetic alopecia. Postepy Dermatol Alergol. 2014;31(4):207‐215.
- Katz HI. Topical minoxidil: review of efficacy and safety. Cutis. 1989;43(1):94‐98.
- Rassman WR, Bernstein RM, McClellan R, Jones R, et al.: Follicular Unit Extraction: Minimally Invasive Surgery for Hair Transplantation, In: Dermatol Surg., Nr. 28 (8), S. 720–770
- Venkataram, A., & Mysore, V. (2018). Logic of Hair Transplantation. Journal of cutaneous and aesthetic surgery, 11(4), 169–172.