Temple Hair Loss and Hair Transplant
The temples are defining features of our faces and one of the first areas where hair loss becomes apparent. To combat the effects of temple hair loss, especially after the age of 30, temple hair transplant is growing increasingly popular. Read on to learn all about temple hair loss including symptoms, costs, pros & cons, and treatments.
|As the hair at the temples frames the face, temple hair transplant can define facial features, giving patients a more youthful look.||Temple hair transplant is very tricky to do because it is more of an art than a science. The hairline needs to look natural which requires a lot of expertise.|
|It can restore hair density and create a natural hairline to avoid forming a widow’s peak.||It is only good if you have hair loss in the temples and does not work for more advanced levels of hair loss.|
|If you have a low to moderate level of hair loss that is centered around the temples, this hair transplant is a cost-effective remedy.|
Frequently Asked Questions
Can a hair transplant restore receded temples?
How much does a temple hair transplant cost?
Why is a temple hair restoration difficult?
How many grafts does it take to fill in temples?
- James E. Vogel, MD, Francisco Jimenez, MD, John Cole, MD, Sharon A. Keene, MD, James A. Harris, MD, Alfonso Barrera, MD, Paul T. Rose, MD, JD, Hair Restoration Surgery: The State of the Art, Aesthetic Surgery Journal, Volume 33, Issue 1, January 2013, Pages 128–151
- Kerure AS, Patwardhan N. Complications in Hair Transplantation. J Cutan Aesthet Surg. 2018 Oct-Dec;11(4):182-189.
- Zito PM, Raggio BS. Hair Transplantation. 2022 Aug 25. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan.
- Harris JA: Follicular unit extraction, In: Facial Plast Surg. Nr.24, 2008, S. 404–413.
- R. Rashid, L. Bicknell, T. Morgan: Follicular unit extraction hair transplant automation: Options in overcoming challenges of the latest technology in hair restoration with the goal of avoiding the line scar, In: Dermatology Online Journal, Nr. 18, 2012.
- Asfour L, Cranwell W, Sinclair R. Male Androgenetic Alopecia. 2023 Jan 25. In: Feingold KR, Anawalt B, Blackman MR, Boyce A, Chrousos G, Corpas E, de Herder WW, Dhatariya K, Dungan K, Hofland J, Kalra S, Kaltsas G, Kapoor N, Koch C, Kopp P, Korbonits M, Kovacs CS, Kuohung W, Laferrère B, Levy M, McGee EA, McLachlan R, New M, Purnell J, Sahay R, Singer F, Sperling MA, Stratakis CA, Trence DL, Wilson DP, editors. Endotext [Internet]. South Dartmouth (MA): MDText.com, Inc.; 2000–.
- Jimenez F, Alam M, Vogel JE, Avram M. Hair transplantation: Basic overview. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2021 Oct;85(4):803-814.