The Best 5 Caffeine Shampoo Against Hair Loss
Nowadays, there are a variety of shampoos and conditioners that are supposed to help against hair loss. But is it all true, can a caffeine shampoo really have that much effect, or is it all just a story? If you would like to read more about the effects, advantages and disadvantages and the use of caffeine shampoos, we have summarized all the important topics for you on this page.
|Stopping hair loss: By blocking the enzyme that converts testosterone into dihydrotestosterone, caffeine can probably stop hair loss. Not only in men, but also in women who are affected by hair loss. Various studies have shown that caffeine can have an effect on the hormone DHT and thus stop hair loss.||Study situation: The effectiveness of caffeine shampoos has not really been proven by sufficient studies. On the other hand, the effectiveness of minoxidil and finasteride has been sufficiently proven by science.|
|Stimulation of the hair roots: Due to the activating and stimulating effect that caffeine is said to have, it can presumably stimulate the hair roots. And also promote hair growth. Due to the antioxidants that caffeine contains, it can make the hair healthier and also repair damaged hair roots and hair.||Possible drying out of the scalp: Using a caffeine shampoo may dry out your scalp and hair. Skin irritation can also occur. A revitalizing cream for the scalp is therefore also recommended.|
|Supporting long hair: According to various studies, caffeine can promote hair growth and an increase in the width and length of hair has been observed. It was also found that the hair shaft became longer due to the effect of caffeine.||Possible discoloration of the hair: Another possible disadvantage can be discoloration of the hair. However, this is rather unlikely and rarely the case.|
|Caffeine shampoo||Price||Amazon reviews|
8 USD (250ml)
7 USD (200ml)
Terez & Honor
25 USD (250ml)
28 USD (237ml)
UltraX Labs Hair Surge
109 USD (236ml)
Frequently asked questions
Do shampoos really work against hair loss?
Which caffeine shampoo is suitable for combating hair loss in men?
Which shampoo is good for hair loss in women?
- Otberg N, Teichmann A, Rasuljev U, Sinkgraven R, Sterry W, Lademann J. Follicular penetration of topically applied caffeine via a shampoo formulation. Skin Pharmacol Physiol. 2007;20(4):195-8.
- Amato F, G, Bono G: Measuring Finasteride Efficacy. Dermatology 2003;207:214-214.
- Bussoletti C, Tolaini MV, Celleno L. Efficacy of a cosmetic phyto-caffeine shampoo in female androgenetic alopecia. G Ital Dermatol Venereol. 2020 Aug;155(4):492-499.
- Glynis A. A Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Study Evaluating the Efficacy of an Oral Supplement in Women with Self-perceived Thinning Hair. J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. 2012;5(11):28‐34.
- Katz HI. Topical minoxidil: review of efficacy and safety. Cutis. 1989;43(1):94‐98.
- Adil A, Godwin M. The effectiveness of treatments for androgenetic alopecia: A systematic review and meta-analysis. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2017;77(1):136‐141.e5.